The Imerys Kaolin business is underpinned by our strong commitment to technology. The kaolin division is served by over 80 researchers, engineers, geologists and technicians based in our major laboratories in the UK (Par Moor, Cornwall) and USA (Sandersville, Georgia). Our laboratories are well equipped to meet the needs of the diverse markets we serve. This includes the ability to simulate on a small scale industrial production and application processes as well as comprehensive analytical capabilities that help us understand the links between the chemical and physical properties of kaolin, how they respond to processing and how they influence the performance in end use applications that we serve.
Imerys Kaolin continues to invest in technology to ensure we maintain our state of the art facilities for our existing markets as well as the providing capability to assess new market areas.
Although some of the markets we serve are facing increasing cost pressures and becoming more commoditized in terms of supply, we remain committed to providing a strong technical support function to these areas. This includes an on-going program of product development and innovation focused on customer value as well as providing technical support and guidance to assist our customers with their needs to innovate and adapt to changing market circumstances.
As an organization we are also committed to minimizing our industrial footprint and environmental impact. We have an ongoing program of continuous industrial improvement and process development focused on sustainability, development of energy efficient processes and waste reduction.
- To have the highest quality, cost effective and sustainable products
- To develop and maintain in depth understanding of our customers applications so we can be proactive partners in their developments
- To continue to provide strong technical support and service to existing customers in all markets
- To assess the performance of our kaolin we use a vast range of testing equipment and use tests that are relevant to the industries we are serving, wherever possible using industry standard test methods
Our main areas of expertise:
- Over 80 researchers and geologists focused on the sustainable development and application of kaolin
- Major application focused laboratories with strong Science & Technology capabilities in the USA and UK
- Pilot processing facilities in the USA and UK for process optimization and product development