Imerys provides ready-to-use, water-based coating solutions that impart functional barrier against ingress of moisture vapor for fibre-based packaging.
End application area of our moisture vapor barrier coatings include:
- Fast food
- Frozen food & chilled food
- Dry food
- Consumer goods
- Reel & Ream Wrap
It is possible to reduce Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate to 10 to 40 g/m²/day in jungle conditions (38°C & 90% humidity) at coatweights similar to polyethylene extruded film. Coatings are formulated to provide the optimal performance as demanded by a given application. These coatings allow for a cost-effective alternative to traditional PE lamination.
- Glueable with both hot melt and cold set adhesives
- Can combine properties of release & grease barrier as required
- Heat sealable if required
- FDA/BfR compliant for food contact
- Can be adapted for varied grades of fibre-based substrates – carton, corrugated or flexible paper
- Can be applied using conventional coating techniques (blade, rod, size press), or flexo & rotogravure
- Easy to handle & safe to apply
For more info, contact email@example.com